HomeFlySpeed SQL QueryStrange behavior with stored procedure

Strange behavior with stored procedure


Hello,

We are evaluating your products (FlySpeed and VLC query builder).
We are trying to work with stored procedure in our SQl query and we have problem in 2.7.12 or 2.7.14 version of fly speed altought 2.6.9 worked perfectly well.

The problem is that the stored procedure is not recognize and changed automaticaly by its alias so que query can not be execute.

Do you any informaton about this problem?
Thank you for help
Emmanuel LANDREAU | email
December 21 2010, 06:16 AM
I forget to say that we are using an Interbase database.
Emmanuel LANDREAU | email
5 mins since original post
Dear Emmanuel,

Thank you for your bug report.

Can you explain the problem more clearly or provide the samples? I.e. if your query was corrupted, how it looked before and after corruption. Or please explain what you got and what you expected to get in result.

Thank you in advance.
Sergey Smagin | email
23 hours, 51 mins since original post
Hello and thank you for your answer.

To reproduce the problem please write an SQL query like this :
SELECT * FROM StoredProcedure('', '') SP1

After designed, the request is changed by
SELECT * FROM SP1('', '') SP1
So it can not be executed.

Thank you in advance.
Emmanuel LANDREAU | email
1 day, 4 hours since original post
Thank you for your bug report. This problem will be fixed in the next build.
Sergey Smagin | email
1 day, 22 hours since original post
Hello, Thank you for your answer.
When is the next build planned ?

Read you soon.
Emmanuel LANDREAU | email
1 day, 23 hours since original post
Dear Emmanuel,

We fixed this problem.

The new version is available for downloading from the web site now.
Sergey Smagin | email
1 month, 3 weeks since original post
Hello,

We have just tried your new version of FlySpeed 2.9.0.1 and we are still experiencing issues with stored procedure aliases.

First, for example, try to Drag&Drop a strored procedure from the Data Object Tree (on the right) to the design frame. You will see the SQL code write like this : SELECT * FROM StoredProcedure_('', '') StoredProcedure_ instead of SELECT * FROM StoredProcedure('', '') StoredProcedure_

So when I execute the request, it tells me "Procedure unknown StoredProcedure_".

Secondly, drag&drop a stored procedure from the Data Object Tree to the design frame. Correct manually the SQL code by deleting the _ at the of the stored procedure name. Execute it. It works. Then place a new table from the connections list to the design frame. The SQL code is re-written and the stored procedure name is changed by the alias, like this : SELECT * FROM SP1('', '') SP1

Finally, try to Drag&Drop a stored procedure from the connection list (on the left). The window of stored procedure parameters does not appear.


Thank you for your answer.
Read you soon.
Emmanuel LANDREAU | email
2 months, 1 week since original post
Dear Emmanuel,

Please try the new version.
Sergey Smagin | email
2 months, 1 week since original post
This topic is closed