Active Database Software News
End-user database tools
FlySpeed SQL Query 2.9.7 is released.
February 27, 2013
We're glad to announce the new minor version of FlySpeed SQL Query. The new version is available at the download page.
What's new in the FlySpeed SQL Query 2.9.7 since version 2.9.6?
- Software copy protection technology was changed for compatibility with Windows 8.
Old registration keys will not be changed, but the tool will have to obtain the new key for each installation. This will be done automatically on starting the application. In order to use the software in Portable mode, please submit a request to obtain a portable registration key.
- Support of Teradata SQL Syntax is added. Use the new syntax with generic ADO and ODBC connection types.
- Now it's possible to sort and filter result data by almost each grid column (excluding those that were defined via complex SQL expression without alias).
- Double clicking on a datasource column moves focus to the first criteria cell of the newly added criteria item.
- An algorithm of choosing datasources for links with complex expressions is improved.
- Conditions like "<= :DT_END AND >= :DT_START" are loaded into one cell now.
- The "CTE" prefix is added to CTE sub-query tabs to distinguish them from other types of sub-queries.
- Select item aliases are used as sub-query tab captions now.
- The collapse/expand button is added to each datasource on the visual query builder's diagram pane.
- The "Add new Union Sub-Query" (+) button is added to the Union navigation bar.
- Now it's possible to highlight even rows of the visual query builder's Query Columns Grid with alternate background color.
- The new options are added to take control over the new features.
- Command Timeout setting is added to Oracle, Firebird, InterBase, SQLite and ODBC connection types. It can be found at the Advanced tab of Connection Properties dialog.
- The new data formtting options for the Print View tab allows to define format of Date and Time data types and to specify fixed decimal point for numeric data.
- The new SQL Dialect option is added for Firebird connection type.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements are made.