Active Database Software News
FlySpeed Database Tools
FlySpeed SQL Query 3.1 is released.
February 18, 2015
We're glad to announce the new minor version of FlySpeed SQL Query. The new version is available at the download page.
What's new in the FlySpeed SQL Query 3.1 since version 3.0.2?
- The Query Parameter Values form is improved:
- The form allows for skipping some of the paramteres to build more unversal queries,
- Parameters that define range limits are now set in pairs,
- Parameters prefixed with ampersands and unnamed parameters are now acceptable for appropriate database servers.
- The interface is now correctly scaled when large fonts are used in the system.
- The new SQL Text tab is added to the Query window.
- The text editor on the Query Builder tab can be hidden now. It displays the text of the currently active sub-query in the query builder. Breadcrumbs are displayed to determine position of the currently visible sub-query to allow for quick navigation to outer sub-queries.
- Ability to preview query and sub-query results on the Query Builder tab is added.
- SQL query parsing error message is replaced with the hint panel above the SQL text editor.
- Support for Advantage DB SQL syntax is made. Metadata retrieval is improved.
- Support for Pervasive SQL syntax is made.
- Ability to change the program settings storage location is made.
- Ability to save the connection log to file for debug purposes is made. The "Write connection log" option is added to advanced connection properties. The "Connection name".log file can be found in the "%USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/ActiveDBSoft/FlySpeed SQL Query" folder.
- The new option "Disable SQL sorting and filtration" is added to advanced connection properties.
- The new option is added for exporting data to OpenXML (.xlsx) format to automatically fit columns width by content. This feature may require considerable resources in case of large amount of data.
- Messages about errors arising during the metadata loading process are now displayed correctly.
As usual, we'll be grateful for all your suggestions, ideas and bug reports, so please don't hesitate to send them to us.
The previous version 18.104.22.168 can be downloaded here.
This year we're going to release the Professional version of FlySpeed SQL Query which can give a plenty of new options to make data management more user-friendly and productive. Active subscribers of the current version will get the professional version for free upon request, but the subscription price will be up. Be quick to prolong the subscription at the previous prices! Note that you can prolong the subscription before the end of the previous period. Anyway the subscription will be prolonged for the chosen period starting from the previous subscription expiration date.
There are only some options which we're going to add this year:
- Execution of SQL scripts.
- Improved code completion in the SQL text editor.
- Improved user interface to define filters for result data.
The Professional version will additionally introduce the following features:
- Using queries saved in connection as data sources for the new ones (like if they were database views).
- Creation of master-detail reports with ability to apply different report styles.
- Saving reports and export tasks directly in the Database Explorer.
Comments by Disqus: