Active Database Software News
End-user database tools
FlySpeed SQL Query 2.9.5 is released.
December 26, 2011
We're glad to announce the new minor version of FlySpeed SQL Query. The new version is available at the download page.
What's new in the FlySpeed SQL Query v. 2.9.5?
- Connection through SSH tunnel is made for MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Ability to connect to MySQL through HTTP tunnel is made. Read the answer at the F.A.Q. page to learn how use HTTP tunneling.
- The new option "Connection method" is added to MS SQL Server connection properties dialog to switch between OLE DB connection and native SQL client connection.
- Transaction Isolation Level property is added to advanced options of MS SQL Server connections.
- Connection and command timeout settings are added for Oracle, Firebird, InterBase and IBM DB2 databases.
- OS authentication option is added to InterBase and Firebird connections.
Working with data:
- "Like" and "Not like" operators are added to the quick filter bar.
- The "Read-only" yellow panel is gone. It is replaced with the dialog.
- Incremental search is reworked. It is activated now with the "Ctrl+F" keys.
- Sorting and filtration in the grid is applied to the Print View now.
- Parameter values dialog is improved: MRU list is added, previous value is remembered during the work session. Ability to lookup in related tables is made.
- Usability improvements in the Form View: ability to switch between simple and multiline text editor, to remember all the settings, to display descriptions.
- MS SQL Server: Now it's possible to sort and filter result data for queries with unions.
Visual Query Builder:
- It is impossible now to build incorrect queries with grouping.
- Check box is added to the Grouping column header to set or clear grouping in the query.
- Parsing and working with large queries in Visual Query Builder is speeded up.
- Support of ORDER BY in queries with unions is improved.
- Parsing speed optimizations are made.
SQL parsing improvements:
- List of built-in functions for PostgreSQL is added to the SQL parser.
- MS SQL Server: "FOR XML" clause is updated to support SQL Server "Denali".
- MySQL: COALESCE, GREATEST, LEAST and INTERVAL added to the list of builtin functions.
- PostgreSQL: Function "substring('test',1,2)" is converted to "substring('test' from 1 for 2)" on parsing the query.
- Firebird: INT type alias is supported.
Comments by Disqus: